Emerson Trojan 53646 models with EARLIER cage in abundance . . . !

Paul Michael

On 1/26/2022 at 1:05 PM, Brent Cooper said:

Thank you for the information.  I appreciate it.

ADAE23E4-8F56-4279-B0A4-11C7CBEF87E9.jpeg

3A8D4E99-BD30-4A39-A5EF-0F8CACA824FE.jpeg

0747347E-F399-4EFE-A164-14DC629CFEC2.jpeg

This is the third (or possible 4th) Trojan 53646 I've seen with the same 'earlier' open-center-ring age... Is it possible some were shipped that way from new.

Otherwise, why would so many be found with an EARLIER cage.... I am truly perplexed.... As bad as my memory is, I do try to pay attention to these details...

Thoughts?

I've always thought that when there was a design change with overstocked inventory of parts from the previous model;, that they would use up parts from the old model where feasable, to minimize the cost of introducing a new look & function. Just my undoccumented opinion.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Geoff Dunaway said:

I've always thought that when there was a design change with overstocked inventory of parts from the previous model;, that they would use up parts from the old model where feasable, to minimize the cost of introducing a new look & function. Just my undoccumented opinion.

Thank you Geoff. Same thought here, and it seems three such examples have close serial numbers... 🤔
Does Jeter or someone survey these by Serial Number? Maybe whomever does has photos/notes in addition?

Edited by Paul Michael

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Gary Hagan said:

I have a 1 year only 12” Trojan cage I have no use for if it is correct for the 53646 it may be of use to someone.

Pm’d

On 10/21/2023 at 8:59 AM, Geoff Dunaway said:

That’s what they did when the 1500 became the 11644. The old cages were used.