Emerson 12646

Tristan Crider

Hello everyone. I saw this fan pop up on Ebay and since it was close-ish to me I made an offer and it was accepted. It's not in awful shape and is missing the shoulder screw for the oscillator and a couple screws in the gear box aren't original. My question is I when I took the fan apart to clean (It's CRUSTY) I found what looks to be a chip in the piece shown below. Is this a break or just a stop for the oscillator? It's not THAT major but I was unable to see from the picture online so I thought it was in working order and he didn't know much about it. It does work well and doesn't need much in the way of parts. 425 ain't cheap though haha..  

20231229_203249.jpg

20231230_090927.jpg

20231230_090932.jpg

20231230_093457.jpg

• Like 5

I saw that pop up too, but I've bought too many Emersons this year already! (-; I guess you drove to pick her up?

Well worth fixing in any case. Good luck with her.

• Like 1

Congratulations!!! That's a great price for a real scarce Emerson.

• Like 1

Thanks! After cleaning it up a bit there isn't much paint left on the base but that's okay. I still am happy with it! 

• 2 weeks later...

Finished cleaning this one up! Had to force patina the blades 😕 I sort of like it though. For some reason after I cleaned the black paint off the guard it wouldn't take the patina ager.. I love this fan though! Runs great 👍

00000020-01.jpeg

00000018-01.jpeg

00000017-01.jpeg

• Like 9

Turned out nice. 

If wanting patina ager to react try washing down with dawn soap or a degreaser

Edited by Chris Campbell
  • Like 1

Thanks, Patrick! I use this stuff on amazon called "Brass ager" haha.. Catchy name, eh? It's blue and comes in different sizes. Works really quickly! 

Edited by Tristan Crider

Thanks, Mark! Also like to thank Jerry Bravi for providing the 2 oscillator screws I needed, fantastic work!

It's a  terrific fan. I purchased a 12648 last year

It is very similar except bigger. Mine arrived damaged but a fellow member helped fix the base.  

And Jerry Brevi is the Man for those missing oscillator linkage and screws. 
Congratulations

• Like 1