Menominee tab foot

Patrick Ray

Just finished this lil guy! Factory finish was shot so I sent it off for powder coat. Thanks to Korey Kreitman for the new motor housing nuts. Tony Clayton custom wire for the head wire and power cord. And thanks to Mark Olson for the rewind on the field coils. 

IMG_20240204_124559095_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240204_124605449_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240204_124610073_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240204_124617649_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240204_124620883_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240204_143450613_HDR.jpg

7346983e-f6b0-410e-9ab2-dcf8668c4f2b.jpg

• Like 16

Beautiful job Patrick!   The paint must have been terrible if you couldn’t save it.  I’ve seen your polishing skills in action.   👍👍👍

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Steve Butler said:

Beautiful job Patrick!   The paint must have been terrible if you couldn’t save it.  I’ve seen your polishing skills in action.   👍👍👍

Thanks Steve! The paint was missing in large quantities and what paint remained looked like it was sanded with 36 grit. Ain't buffing that out easily!

IMG_20240120_183655_02.jpg

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.    Yes Patina fans are great and it's cool to keep them patina'd but they didn't start patina'd so I don't see an issue with tearing one down once is a while and making it look like it did when it was purchased brand new.   Just my humble opinion.   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Anthony Lindsey said:

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.    Yes Patina fans are great and it's cool to keep them patina'd but they didn't start patina'd so I don't see an issue with tearing one down once is a while and making it look like it did when it was purchased brand new.   Just my humble opinion.   

I like to save the original finish if possible. Even if there's a few minor imperfections like chips. But what I like to do (Steve Butler and a couple other guys can attest) is to buff the original paint until it looks like new. Removing decades (or even a century) of dirt, oxidation, and minor scuffs. Basically correct the finish like you would do a car. But this fan was beyond that in my opinion. Strip and recoat was definitely in order for this fan!

• Like 1