Screws?? Stinking screws will be offered for sale!!

George Durbin

I will post with prices in the BST as soon as I get the pricing... I just purchased about 50lbs. Of solid brass slotted machine screws for those projects that need a little bling... Most of these machine screws are about 75yrs old and come from an old factory in NY... These are ase sized and usable for nearly all American fans... I have these in quantity! You need them, chances are I have them... I am taking these to any fan meets I go to and will ship! Here are some pics. to wet your whistle! It is a drag to need proper slot headed screws that are not skinned up for your project! These will make any fan collectors projects shine!

Message me if you need them mailed! My plans are to sell these for half or less what you will find them for anywhere...

20240301_105007.jpg

20240301_104227.jpg

Screenshot_20240301_105725_Listonic.jpg

• Like 4

hopefully you will have some left and can bring them in April to Fanapalooza....sales are expected to be huge there

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jim Roadt said:

hopefully you will have some left and can bring them in April to Fanapalooza....sales are expected to be huge there

I am bringing them where ever I go!

15 hours ago, Michael Rathberger said:

You opening a local ACE George?

85cb6f38dbfbed912b88b6af2794e1e8.jpg.86aa269adbb7448e4073d92c24c88f95.jpg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jim Kovar said:

85cb6f38dbfbed912b88b6af2794e1e8.jpg.86aa269adbb7448e4073d92c24c88f95.jpg

I am driving a huckster truck! One stop service!

I never throw any away. After projects I usually have a few extra so I just put in the coffee can. After awhile you collect quite a bit.

1 hour ago, Michael Rathberger said:

I never throw any away. After projects I usually have a few extra so I just put in the coffee can. After awhile you collect quite a bit.

And I'm always wondering where did these really come from ??

• Like 1

I will be offering similar soon. I bought about 200lb of screws from a 40s hardware. Most are stove bolts and steel screws though

George, You may get more interest in you hardware with a sign like that. 

3 hours ago, Darwin Costello said:

George, You may get more interest in you hardware with a sign like that. 

A few Xtra doc? That has me a little worried!😄😁... Think about this, if you go around to all of your fans and swipe one screw from each no one would notice and you could have your own screw shop! Think about that!

I carried pounds of hardware to meets & took them home! Good luck, they are brass and have patina!

• Like 1

I have a 1910 BMY, missing a brass screw from strut to motor, ALSO need a cage, I tried to fix - - drop ring cage

I just need one good screw . . . . That's we she said.

Early BMY.jpg

GE BMY 99 bucks.jpg

On 3/1/2024 at 8:54 AM, George Durbin said:

I do not have left handed screws or those weird ge tpi's

George, mind if I piggyback on your post?  
A while back I picked up some 1.75-2” 8-36 brass round head slotted screws.   The thread pattern fits the old GE gearbox top screws - although they have to be shortened to the correct length.   Not sure of other places GE used them.  
Also have most of the brass screws for the cage brackets (1/4-24) and other parts for a 1930-ish GE 16” fan. 

2 hours ago, John Landstrom said:

George, mind if I piggyback on your post?  
A while back I picked up some 1.75-2” 8-36 brass round head slotted screws.   The thread pattern fits the old GE gearbox top screws - although they have to be shortened to the correct length.   Not sure of other places GE used them.  
Also have most of the brass screws for the cage brackets (1/4-24) and other parts for a 1930-ish GE 16” fan. 

The more the merrier! I ain't making but a few cents on them anyway! But... These are very handy for the members! And it's my little contribution to the AFCA!