AFCA webpage has been acting up this week

Louis Luu

It occured this week.  The pictures are not displaying and this thing on the side keeps showing up.  I can't get rid of it.  Is anyone else seeing this?

image.thumb.png.79a5cb2a142a3c91df70f581857588c1.png

Same here. Glad you posted so I know it's not on my end! Two different computers & two browsers....same thing!

~Sparky~

I noticed it is displaying incorrectly on extended monitor.  Pictures are no longer displayed in all the pages.

If you resize the screen, the extra logos on the side does go away.  But still no pictures.

If you click on where you think the picture is in the post it will populate. But that is as annoying as not seeing them in the first place. I only use my phone for the site though, so not sure about a computer....

Confirm on the clicking the picture.  You have to click on where you think the picture is, then it will show up.

Could it be an issue with the operating system ?

I’m on an iPad running their current IOS version.  I’ve NOT had anything like that show up.  Maybe a comparison of OS’s and devices may be in order to rule that out.  

I have Win 10 on one computer and Win 11 on another.  Firefox and Microsoft Edge on both and it's mucked up on both browsers and operating systems.

Im having problems on all my devices. No pictures and if I hold it horizontal, a search box drops down on the right that overlaps the topics. 

I’ve been in communication with Jamie. All he says is that it looks fine on his end.  Definitely doesn’t look fine on my end. Still can’t see pics. I’ve rebooted my devices, logged out and back in the forum, and still the same. I have Apple iPad, phone and Mac. All running various OS. 

I offered to join a Skype call to share screen but no reply yet from Jamie.

And in landscape position , I get this odd search dropdown that covers the content. Won’t go away, but doesn’t do it in Portrait position. 

IMG_4446.png

IMG_4446.png

Edited by Lane Shirey

Ok, I can’t even see the pic in the post above as I was posting it! 

I started to have the same problems last week with some type of overlaid stuff on the the right side of the page and I can't post photos or edit my post.

Update. I see pictures when I have not logged in, but do not when I am logged in. Is there a setting?

To all who have been having problems.  I normally use the "Light" theme and am seeing not pictures. I changed to the "Dark" theme and it seems to be OK.  

Do you all mind sharing your results?

1) What theme are you having problems with?

2) If you use Light theme and change to Dark theme does it fix it?

I attached an image below to test it.  If you can't see it, change to dark theme and you might be able to...also the odd Search dropdown goes away in Dark mode too.  At least for me.  

image.thumb.png.5c8fe4bb2004d17cf2a3e0a2b8c0788a.png

Edited by Lane Shirey

How do you change the theme? Nevermind, found it. Yes, pictures show up under dark theme. I've gone over to the dark side now ..

Edited by Michael Rathberger

Jamie, doesn't look good on my end.  All cache's emptied and rebooted.

Win 10 & Firefox...error

Win 10 & Microsoft Edge  Dark Theme still has side crap overlay. Light theme will not show pictures and shows side crap.

Win 10 and firefox:

image.png.1c289f1fff867a80cd26c037072126ee.png

Win 10 & Microsoft Edge  Dark Theme ok  and can see pictures but still has side crap overlay

image.png.cb27064d63f6a0a25d8980474d075001.png

Windows 11 and Microsoft Edge

image.png.1c289f1fff867a80cd26c037072126ee.png

Edited by Bob Peshoff

Please use the DARK THEME (found at the bottom of the forums) until further notice. Invision is porting all our old forum material to the new forums as well as us having to make a software update in order for them to do that. 

As stated in the Announcements & News forum, we are going to experience some issues as no matter what, software updates (along with moving the old forum over) are going to cause some issues.

I believe, along with the software update (and the immediate patch - "fixing" the software update they sent out), we are seeing a lag in image loads as the server has to now index a ton more photos that are being brought over from the old forum.

I will try to keep everyone posted as to what I know as soon as I know it.

• Thanks 5