ATTRACTIVE OSCILLATING MECHANISM

Ted Kaczor

I have a Westy double lever n the basement waiting decades for new wire and a clean up. I’m down to less than a dozen projects. and your post makes me hope to get to it soon.  Thanks for the inspiration!

• Like 2

On 2/26/2022 at 8:37 AM, Ted Kaczor said:

One of my favorite Oscillating Mechanism. On picture my all original 1910 Western Electric Hawthorne. 

100_2663 (2).JPG

Hey Ted, "all original" except that the two linkage bars have been stripped of their Japan that Westinghouse put on them.

• Like 1

Ted, you know how I must have all of my antiques being all original and unrestored?   Is it ok to make an occasional and very rare exception as I did on one of my 1899 pancakes here?

The shiny 1898 replica guard you made for me in 2014 is now less shiny and looking much better.   This is, I think, the best looking pancake with the large open ring cage which allows a good look at the pretty blades on the earlier pancakes.    I have the original 99 cage in reserve for this fan.

IMG_3833.thumb.JPG.a9a2914c29cb9365150242cb3cb2a368.JPG

IMG_3826.thumb.JPG.ad9667682ecd97ead4f38244b15da2ef.JPG

IMG_3824.thumb.JPG.2360981ec3529a70d73cd3cbad9cadb9.JPG

• Like 1