Shippers/ packers strike again!!GRRR!!

Paul Carmody

If I ever get a fan shipped I will do cartwheels in the road if the blade arrives undamaged.I bought this 10"Westinghouse 241853B out curiosity.I missed the B and couldn't find anything about it.It looked like it could have been brass blade,tag,in the pic.I could see enough numbers to tell it was late teens to 20 or so,and it had unpainted metal blade not micarta.The B tells it all.Last date upper left 1918.It was!..was near perfect, although no brass.Original paint has a few very small chips , only grime on base edge that cleaned with no missing paint.The blade had 0 rust on unpainted blades,they have been that way for years by the oil and blade edge grime.3 are flawless.Now-one bent wing,two broken case studs,and badly damaged what was a very clean badge.It's a shame really!The head cord is even nice with no fraying.The power cord is broke off so for now untested.I know it's not an significant fan,but it sure is a cute little guy.And the motor is cast and not pressed steel.

Second is listing photo  before wipedown without cage and other damage.

20220310_145440-1.jpg

s-l1600-1.jpg

Edited by Paul Carmody

I'm not complaining.All I post is observation.I refuse to let a hobby be stressful.I usually give them away after refurbish.The fun for me is the restoration process and this is just a part of it.In the end with possibly the help from members if need be, this fan will look and perform like brand new and then head to a new home.I used to help restore Muscle cars and know to expect the unexpected.And at the end say I,or we did that.

Any luck if Stan is hosting his event this year I can pick up a couple of good fans like last year!

Edited by Paul Carmody
  • Like 2