Does anyone know about this fan?

Ken McClead

The Feb. 2021 issue of Fan Collector magazine features 1939 model Ventura fans made by American Blower Products that look very similar to this fan. The bearing/motor mount is not the same but the blade looks very similar. Maybe rebadged or a different year model?  There was also one pictured in the old forums at some time. I seem to remember (don’t laugh,  sometimes it still happens!) it was spotted behind an old laundry or some such business and only showed the exterior side of the fan. I think the topic of that post was the same as yours, looking for I’d.

I remember looking at the thread that was on the old site about the fan at the laundromat.  Andrew White posted a picture of a fan that looks very similar to the one in the Facebook posting, but the back side looks different (the fan pully and bearing mounting frame)  the fan in the posting appears to be made in the 50s or 60s due to the atomic look of the back side.  I see that belt replacement would be hard due to the design of the fan.  Also, parts would be hard to obtain due to way the blade/pully system is mounted.  If I could zoom in on the nameplate, I might be able to get a model number, etc.  I might give in and buy the fan if it does not sell soon.  I do not know how much air flow it produces, but am sure it is quiet in operation.