Fan from the queen Elizabeth II

David A Cherry

Header says Queen Elizabeth but the body says Queen Mary.

and...... it's a 220v fan so unless those ships are running 220v I highly suspect either.

buyer beware.......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I didn’t know also I should’ve probably put it on buy sell trade I wasn’t thinking just letting people know it’s coming up and they can decide.. Looks like the tag is missing so that’s a problem for me

3 hours ago, David A Cherry said:

I didn’t know also I should’ve probably put it on buy sell trade I wasn’t thinking just letting people know it’s coming up and they can decide.. Looks like the tag is missing so that’s a problem for me

Tag is not missing.  The brush holder is not original and the terminal holder is not original.

243471522_83514_281600_2300000001.jpg.3cdb7f37040b13efbf060da396ea8990.jpg

The motor tag is missing on that fan. It should be round in shape and have the same information as the base tag. The blade on my fan is only 8 inches so they may have had fans on the ship with larger blades because the fan paint color looks authentic and speed control information looks to be correct for a ship fan. 

Queen Mary Veritys Motor Tag.jpg

Queen Mary Veritys Front.jpg

Queen Mary Veritys Back.jpg

Queen Mary Veritys Base Info.jpg

Queen Mary Veritys Back Close.jpg

3 hours ago, Terry Fisher said:

The motor tag is missing on that fan. It should be round in shape and have the same information as the base tag. The blade on my fan is only 8 inches so they may have had fans on the ship with larger blades because the fan paint color looks authentic and speed control information looks to be correct for a ship fan. 

Queen Mary Veritys Motor Tag.jpg

Queen Mary Veritys Front.jpg

Queen Mary Veritys Back.jpg

Queen Mary Veritys Base Info.jpg

Queen Mary Veritys Back Close.jpg

Terry...not all of them had the motor tag on the bottom of the motor?

Edited by Louis Luu

30 minutes ago, Terry Fisher said:

What is the purpose of those 3 holes?

Terry...what three holes are you referring to?  As for the motor tag, there is only two rivet holes on each sides.  I have both...one with tag and one without the rivet holes.  Heck, there is even a Veritys with a tag I have never seen before...two motor tags on a motor.

Edited by Louis Luu

Look at the pictures shown in the auction link. One picture shows the bottom of the fan motor. There is one large hole and two small holes on each side of the large hole. 

Yeah...I never understood the purpose of the center large hole.  It appears in other models as well.  There are some without the holes.  That issue has never been resolved.

If you look at some of the GEC...there is a large hole on the base stem and others don't have this.  I would guess...for mounting on a pole?...Ceiling mounting?

Edited by Louis Luu