New to Forum - Need help with an Emerson 79646-AP-G

Jason Sliver

Hello all.  This is my first post and I think this is forum is a great resource for fan collectors, but please bear with me - I admit to being a novice when it comes to old fans.  I recently picked up an Emerson 79646-AP-G as my first fan to teach myself some basics.  In my restoration process when I was putting everything back together, I noticed somehow the rotor shaft had a very slight bend in it on the fan blade side.  The motor will spin under power, but it appears to be binding on the front bronze bushing in the front cup.  I can get the motor to spin with the front cup approximately a 1/4" away from the main housing.  When I try to tighten the front cup down, It binds on the shaft and stops the motor.  My questions are  - Is there any way to repair or straighten the rotor shaft and /or should I just look for a new rotor/shaft?

Thanks

IMG_2505.thumb.JPG.0fba3bd3fe502fb8cd0c6f3aa9f15a3c.JPGIMG_2504.thumb.JPG.2c223c2142cc9ca1cc57c274821d35f9.JPG

It could be straightened but it’s easier to post in the “wanted” section for a replacement. That’s a very common fan. I’m sure someone has a spare.  

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip.  I'll post for one in the wanted section.  Just curious, do you know what is involved involved in straightening a rotor shaft?  I may try it.