Fans of Crucet Manufacturing Company, 236 West 28th Street, New York, New York 1915 to 1930

Mike Kearns

1915 -                                                                  The first Electrical World reference is Sept 4, 1915 - Thanks to Jeff Lumsden for this:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         1721613043_Crucet1915JeffLumsden.png.de785e7e40e8e7c42676b3d894c70fa8.png                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Crucet D48712 1 of 2 1915 (2).jpg

Crucet D48712 2 of 2 1915.jpg

Crucet 1922 - The_New_York_Times_Mon__Jan_16__1922_.jpg

Edited by Mike Kearns
  • Like 2

An actual Crucet example of the example in post 4 of this thread, images courtesy of Kim Frank:

Crucet Oscillator (2).jpg

Crucet Kim Frank 1.JPG

Crucet Kim Frank 2.JPG

Crucet Kim Frank 3.JPG

Crucet Kim Frank 4.JPG

Crucet Kim Frank 5.JPG

Crucet Kim Frank 6.JPG

Crucet Kim Frank 8.JPG

Edited by Mike Kearns
  • Like 2

A Crucet base and cage comparable to the Crucet "Adam" seen in post 2 of this thread. The little typewritten note attributes this fan to have belonged to Henry Ford. The fan and blades are R&M/Western Electric, and likely a replacement for the Westinghouse fan that would have originally been installed - Whitfield Image Archive

Westinghouse Crucet Padron Image wrong blade (4).jpg

Westinghouse Crucet Padron sideview wrong fan.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

A recently surfaced Crucet example, showing different views, kindly brought to our attention with thanks to member Arjun Saini:

Westinhgouse Cruet Fan Deluxe 1.png

Westinhgouse Cruet Fan Deluxe 2.png

Westinhgouse Cruet Fan Deluxe 3.png

Westinhgouse Cruet Fan Deluxe 4.png

Westinhgouse Cruet Fan Deluxe 5.png

Westinhgouse Cruet Fan Deluxe 6.png

Westinhgouse Cruet Fan Deluxe 7.jpg

Westinhgouse Cruet Fan Deluxe 8.jpg

Westinhgouse Cruet Fan Deluxe 9.png

Westinhgouse Cruet Fan Deluxe 10.png

Westinhgouse Cruet Fan Deluxe 13.png

Westinhgouse Cruet Fan Deluxe 14.jpg

Westinhgouse Cruet Fan Deluxe 15.jpg

Westinhgouse Cruet Fan Deluxe 11.png

Westinhgouse Cruet Fan Deluxe 12.png

Edited by Mike Kearns
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Arjun Saini said:

What are these Crucet fans worth?

They're not really 'Crucet' fans at all.' They're 'decorator pieces' from a company catering to that market. The company simply built shells using various manufacturers' fans. Like a, lets say—COFFIN around the fan! $2000? Maybe if complete AND in good shape, $5000? Not a huge demand for them. They're not exactly good looking. They are specifically 'PERIOD'  pieces, and—very DATED!  They were out of style when they were new! 🤣🤷🏽‍♂️

Edited by Paul Michael
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Michael Rathberger said:

So much for 200 to 500 Paul. I just hope the buyer has a way to get it to them without damaging it...

You know I was playing with the 'reverse' 'rolling decimal,' right!?

Anyway, that was my first thought. I had seen one of these long ago. It needed to be disassembled and packed for safety. Given the missing center, ring, and much of the moulding trim, I think the buyer overpaid. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Just funnin', but I think that about a lot of sales. Still, I thought it was in amazing condition considering the fragility of the materials. Congrats to the buyer. I will offer to go pick it up and put it in my shelf till fan fair 2024 if they don't want to risk shipping.

• Thanks 2