Canadian GE 1899 fan nickel 12”

Robert Grathwol

Hello fan friends , I wanted to share this fan find I found at antiques store. It runs well on one speed. It turns out this exact fan has been discussed here on the forum before. I’ll try and post the link. It’s an interesting deep red colour that looks like it’s has been on there a long time. Possibly original but I am not an expert. This fan will be keeping me cool this summer. http://www.afcaforum.com/forum1/13332.htmlD59617D4-A3AB-477B-AFFC-F8918F821BC3.thumb.jpeg.ca1a71efffe9a7049441d80b17230d2a.jpeg

99F93EA1-62C2-4337-84EC-2B07B6A23375.jpeg

Edited by Robert Grathwol
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, Robert Grathwol said:

It runs well on one speed. 

Robert, does it run fast or slow on the one speed. I am curious if your stator is a 4 or 6 pole.

3 minutes ago, Robert Grathwol said:

Hi Russ, I would say slow. Definitely not fast. 

The US FACTORY GE 99 I once owned had only one speed and no coil. It had a 6 pole motor.

99.jpg

attachment.jpg

Candlestick4.jpg

Very nice Robert. Haven't seen you around lately. I have this fan in the Pancake survey. I'll change the owners name to yours. Going back to the discussion in 2010, the cage goes to a 1898 model. Whether or not GE or CGE used up old stock is still being asked, but having that cage on your fan certainly doesn't devalue it in any way. I have a 1899 CGE F4 s/n 34015 spec 3706 with a '99 cage. Red was an option for a bit extra. I did a resto on an 1899 GE dc roundball motor fan that had several layers of paint on it. As I removed the motor from the base, it exposed the original red color underneath. Unfortunately, I couldn't save it but was able to match it and did the finish in that red.  Definitely leave your fan as it is. Hopefully you should be able to find a switch and coil for it.

IMG_0942 (2).JPG

IMG_0943 (2).JPG

IMG_0944.JPG

IMG_0945 (2).JPG

Edited by Kim Frank

So, is this what we are seeing as a strut above?

image.png.0ace228db9408d31ac59046e5b6d5a08.png

What an unusual combination to be able to view, wine-red CGE F4...  Very nice. Thanks All.

Edited by Steve Rockwell

Hello, Thanks for all your responses. I definitely will leave fan as is and enjoy it. I just signed up again to fan club for 22nd year. Have a great day everyone. 

Hello David, The fan wasn’t cheap but also was not expensive. I also purchased at the same time a 1906 CGE pancake. 

521D0496-BE94-44C8-B6B9-A2A81169358A.jpeg

627F2D45-B4E2-43F1-9B83-9E84856D3FAD.jpeg

What a find!I I know you were excited when you seen that sitting there.The world stood still and there was nothing around you but that fan.