Emerson Trojan

Steve Sherwood

Picked this up a few months ago. I painted the base, polished the brass and cleaned it up. The trunnion and motor housing are original paint.

16351095229727268188618494316628.jpg

16351096164398839055810320468022.jpg

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Patrick Ray said:

...what are the 2 holes on the far left and right of the back of the motor?

Missing optional afterburner attachment.  :classic_blink:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Steve Sherwood said:

Picked this up a few months ago. I painted the base, polished the brass and cleaned it up. The trunnion and motor housing are original paint.

16351095229727268188618494316628.jpg

16351096164398839055810320468022.jpg

Very nice fan

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ben Guegain said:

Is this for sale?

It would be in the Trade/Sale forum if it was for sale.

On 10/24/2021 at 5:46 PM, Patrick Ray said:

Beautiful Trojan! Curious, what are the 2 holes on the far left and right of the back of the motor?

I don't know?

Just a note for those who value originality on antique items.  While Emerson fans had highly polished brass during the "brass years", Trojan fans did not.   Their brass parts were finished by "dipping and lacquering" like this all original Trojan 5410.   I have never seen an Emerson Trojan fan in original condition with POLISHED brass.    There are other fans where the "dipped and lacquered" finish was standard in place of polishing.   You will often see in original fan catalogs how the brass was finished, usually either "polished" or "dipped and lacquered".   The two finished are quite dififerent.

Dipped and lacquered brass:

https://books.google.com/books?id=fWx1Pho4cnoC&lpg=PA375&ots=rb0Y4mcUQx&dq=what was "dipped brass" in the old days&pg=PA375#v=onepage&q=what was "dipped brass" in the old days&f=false

CIMG4267.JPG

Edited by Steve Stephens

16 hours ago, Steve Stephens said:

Just a note for those who value originality on antique items.  While Emerson fans had highly polished brass during the "brass years", Trojan fans did not.   Their brass parts were finished by "dipping and lacquering" like this all original Trojan 5410.   I have never seen an Emerson Trojan fan in original condition with POLISHED brass.    There are other fans where the "dipped and lacquered" finish was standard in place of polishing.   You will often see in original fan catalogs how the brass was finished, usually either "polished" or "dipped and lacquered".   The two finished are quite dififerent.

Dipped and lacquered brass:

https://books.google.com/books?id=fWx1Pho4cnoC&lpg=PA375&ots=rb0Y4mcUQx&dq=what was "dipped brass" in the old days&pg=PA375#v=onepage&q=what was "dipped brass" in the old days&f=false

CIMG4267.JPG