I need help dating my antique Emerson fan

Chris Argentino

I have a Emerson fan type: 73648 I got for $50. It is in great condition. Just needed re greasing, some oil and I cleaned out the motor housing. I have no clue about the date of this fan. I could imagine it’s sometime in the 30s but I could be wrong. Does anyone have an exact year or close to it? Also how reliable are these fans. I’ve heard some say that they are the most rugged fans ever.

The rundown time of my fan on high setting is 50 seconds and the highest temp I have recorded after running it on high for many hours straight is 105F. Are these numbers good?

Any other information about this fan is appreciated 🙂

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

1934 or there about. Your numbers look great, clean the gear box out , oil the fan & make sure your wires are good . That fan when properly serviced can run constantly 

8 minutes ago, Lawrence Smith said:

1934 or there about. Your numbers look great, clean the gear box out , oil the fan & make sure your wires are good . That fan when properly serviced can run constantly 

Thank you for your help! I have been doing research since I posted this and yes it is 1934. Apparently it is the date code on the bottom right of the plate (in my case 14) plus 20. So 34. That would make it 1934. Do I need to somehow clean the oil out after time? Also how much oil can I add? I notice that I will add a few drops of oil until the oil reservoir is filled. I’ll run the fan for a little and notice that there is no more oil in the reservoir. Should I keep adding? Should I replace the oil somehow? Also, are there other ways to service and maintain this fan? I just want this thing to run forever lol

do a google search on emerson fan blade removal, there should be a bunch of info , this website search function leaves a lot to be desired. 

There are a couple of you tube videos also, they are all basically the same , remove blade , then clean the oil tube/bearing surfaces, re place wiring , shim the rotor & clean out the old grease in the gear box.  that will make it fully functional, if you want to paint them more work is needed.  post up any questions after doing your search-- good luck!