Westy Vane Stump/Complete Westy Vane Comparison

Russ Huber

To the individual who was interested in my vane stump in the BST. This should help give you a visual to answer your questions as to what is needed and cost. Compare the two. I used to own the complete vane shown here. 

I posted the stump for sale directed more toward long term collectors who may have the critical need parts. For someone just getting started it would be a costly adventure. 🙂 

IMG_2398.JPG

WestyVane1.jpg

I have this spring lever as do some others. I believe this is earlier though I lost the post about this. To my knowledge, this style is not being reproduced.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1517.thumb.jpg.5a5d5f0b059b4619da3a52ce6ddac80a.jpg

44 minutes ago, Tom Morel said:

I have this spring lever as do some others. I believe this is earlier though I lost the post about this. To my knowledge, this style is not being reproduced.

westinghouse vane oscillator.jpg

unnamed.png

A proper tension coiled spring would work as good if not better than the zig-zag formed brass strip. Simply attach a short brass strip at the end of the spring for bumper contact. H ell of lot faster than forming that zig-zag strip and out of sight out of mind for the authenticity nuts. 🙂

westinghouse vane oscillator.jpg

7 hours ago, Tom Morel said:

Sounds like a neat mechanism to reproduce in 3D.  The bronze spring can be reproduce in 3D as is available for printing option.  Let me finish with the collar first....probably another 3 weeks.