5th Annual Museum Meet

Kim Frank

The tent is going up two weeks from today. If you are planning on attending and haven't yet RSVP'd, send me a message or text and let me know. I'm trying to get an idea of how much food and liquid refreshments to get. The event is on Sept 15, 16, and 17th. Early arrivals are welcome on the 14th but we won't have overnight security in the tent until Thursday. Of course, we can always put stuff in the museum or shop Weds. night if need be. Looks like a good turnout so far, with collectors coming in from Texas, Arkansas, Illinois, Ohio, Michigan, Georgia, Minnesota, Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, Indiana, and maybe Pennsylvania and Maryland. Lots of long time collectors and some new ones too. The Terry Burns collection is now on display for your viewing pleasure and there is another collection coming sometime in September totaling 79 fans for the museum and 31 fans for sale. Hopefully they will arrive in time for the meet. Later this Fall, we will once again be rearranging the museum to better display all the additions that have come in. This will be your last chance to see it as it has been for the last couple of years. Hope to see you in September at Fanimation and the Museum. 

Edited by Kim Frank
  • Like 4

I changed it up. It looked like I said we maybe will have Indiana collectors. The maybe Maryland and Pennsylvania collectors are John and Jack Schrader. I'm trying to get them to come over. John and his wife Connie have had some broken bones the last couple of years and haven't travel much as a result. Jack is their son and a collector too.

2 hours ago, Kim Frank said:

...collectors coming in from Texas, Arkansas, Illinois, Ohio, Michigan, Georgia, Minnesota, Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, Indiana, and maybe Pennsylvania and Maryland.

Add Nebraska to the list!

• Like 1

Sending my regrets 😰. Linda and I will be leaving Harrison the following weekend for a trek back to Prescott AZ to help  a Fan Widow fullfill her late husbands wishes. He had 20 restored fans that he wished to be donated to benefit the AFCA ranging from 6" polar Cub, to 8" Emerson Jr osc. to 12" WE vane osc, GE Coin-op & Trojan 5410. They will come back to Arkansas and reside here till FanFair 2023 where they will be auctioned off to the highest bidder with 75% of proceeds going to AFCA and maybe the museum as well. I will be feeding pictures as well as the story thru issues of the FanCollector magazine between December and June '23 issues. Sure want to be at the meet but am still working, time off not totally dictated by me & we don't travel as fast as we once did. So, happy hunting, happy fanning, miss seeing you all there,...Geoff

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Geoff Dunaway said:

Sending my regrets 😰. Linda and I will be leaving Harrison the following weekend for a trek back to Prescott AZ to help  a Fan Widow fullfill her late husbands wishes. He had 20 restored fans that he wished to be donated to benefit the AFCA ranging from 6" polar Cub, to 8" Emerson Jr osc. to 12" WE vane osc, GE Coin-op & Trojan 5410. They will come back to Arkansas and reside here till FanFair 2023 where they will be auctioned off to the highest bidder with 75% of proceeds going to AFCA and maybe the museum as well. I will be feeding pictures as well as the story thru issues of the FanCollector magazine between December and June '23 issues. Sure want to be at the meet but am still working, time off not totally dictated by me & we don't travel as fast as we once did. So, happy hunting, happy fanning, miss seeing you all there,...Geoff

U had me at Emerson jr.!

We're just a week away from the 5th annual Meet @ the Museum. The tent will be going up and all the preparations are underway. The weather forecast is for party sunny skies and temps in the high 70's and low 80's. The Terry Burns Collection is now on display in the downstairs Museum. The Emerson timeline has filled in a bit with additions from Terry's collection. We are expecting another collection to be arriving sometime soon. If you haven't made up your mind to attend, you still have a few days to decide. If you are attending and haven't rsvp'd yet, let us know soon. We are looking forward to seeing everyone. 

• Like 1

Hi all,

I’m still on the search for an undamaged gearbox for a 16” GE AK1 AOU 75425 desk fan.  Good threads for top cover screws, side brass gear bushing, and not cracked. If it still has the “trumpet” style bell on it that’s fine too.   

If your attending the museum meet could you ask around to see if any of the attendees might have one?  
I’m assuming the museum doesn’t have fan parts, but I was hoping that there may be people there with parts for sale.

Email me through the site and I’ll get back the minute I get it.   An reasonable price acceptable.  Feel free to give them my contact information. You can find it here on the site or in the August magazine.  Or just request it in the email.   Text the number listed and you’ll get a faster reply.

Thanks all.   

and yes, I’ve tried all the usual, and unusual, sources found here on the site and across the internet.

See you Thursday morning Louis.

Mike, If you get in early enough Thursday, stop by Fanimation.  There will be people in the tent probably until after 9:00pm

Edited by Kim Frank

The tent is going up this morning. In celebration of National Ceiling Fan Day on Sunday September 18th, Fanimation is starting early and from 12:00 - 2:00pm today, employees and guests will be touring the museum. Also, they will be visiting with the collectors during the day on Thursday and Friday, looking at the tables full of fans and joining in, trying to understand this crazy and amazing hobby. For the first time, the Museum has a few fans for sale, nothing special but they might start someone into the world of electric fans and membership in the AFCA. Early Arrivals are welcome to hang out today in the museum and shop. See you soon.

• Like 2