Zephyr

Jim Roadt

Jim,

I've restored ten of these little guys. When you plug it in to 220V be advised that it will likely spin like crazy and need taming somewhat to run more sanely. Also, I think yours is the early version of two types and a Deluxe version as well(nickel plated parts). Good score. You can put a diode inline with the power cord to slow it down. Most of these I've put a bridge rectifier in the base as they run a little better on DC. Some of them would actually run and behave on wall current once the rectifier was installed. Down sides are the overly complex gearbox, and pot metal motor housings. Difficult to paint...almost impossible actually. Also, some parts nearly impossible to find, like the power switch.

I've got two of these. They look super in red.

Zephyr01Red.png

• Like 3

These are awesome little fans.   Nice add to your collection.   They run super fast so I use my variac to set the pace I want.  I agree, the fan likes DC current best.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225111383437?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=rpaANVDjRBy&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=jA_8_hzlSRW&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

If your original  switch guts are shot, try one of these.   Take the parts out of the inside and rebuild your original switch.   I have done this a few times.   Works well.