Emerson Juniors

Steven P Dempsey

OK - - - I have literally "Unscrewed" a hundred Emmy blades - - and these Juniors,   ----- 2 holes pass right through to the other side . . . cannot lock the rotor???

1925 Juniors Red Badge X 2.jpg

20220830_114923.jpg

20220831_103344.jpg

I had the same problem with one of the Jr's I acquired earlier this year.  I ended up pulling the cage off, pulling the front of the motor cover off and getting a pair of pliers in there to hold the rotor and then I could spin off the blade.  Mine was a stationary Red Badge

thumbnail.thumb.jpg.278b7b2adc51eae375b708bd395d09d8.jpgthumbnail.thumb.jpg.906f449421b13474f6dbdc335b2a813b.jpg

• Like 3

Am working on a 9" now. I did find one of the two holes that you mentioned. I tried Jason's way too, but it was a pain. The rotor shows that I didn't get it the first time.

20220901_212954.jpg

20220901_213013.jpg

The cage & Blade & front housing need to be removed, then lock rotor with channel locks - - twist off blade Clockwise, per an expert -not me!! The windings can be ruined otherwise.

First things first, don't let intimidation get the best of you. CAREFULLY......find one of the rear vent holes that will give you easiest access to the rotor clear of the windings. CAREFULLY/GENTLY probe the holes inserting the narrow flathead to find the vent hole with clearance of the windings. Get the flathead to grip in between the protruding solder joints on the rotor with some pressure and then clockwise the blade off. 

Stubborn blade won't turn. Fire up a propane torch and heat the hub briefly, make sure a chore glove is on the blade turning hand and then try spinning it off. Later dudes. Never panic.

601-6_photo.jpg

20220901_212954.thumb.jpg.19146932cc2f35c9f0ad0148099ff2b9.jpg

Edited by Russ Huber
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, George Durbin said:

I think Russ just likes playing with fire!...😄😁

Nope, I restored/rewired my brother's bedroom fan he has been running every night for at least 15 years. It is a 9 inch Junior with ON-OFF switch. I told him to dump oil in it periodically. He must have listened for a change, it still runs nice.

I carefully stuck a screwdriver through a back vent hole to freeze the rotor to get the blade off. I don't recall any hassle breaking it down. Fact Jack.

• Like 1