DeRossi

Jim Roadt

Not sure what happened to this blade but I like it

Very thin tin blade was covered in rust.  Put in evaporust over night and as I rinsed it off it turned to this cool looking flat black  ( perhaps it aged and removed rust all at the same time)20230101_085908.thumb.jpg.0135ff818995e46103ce62eeb3278e27.jpg

• Like 1

Wow, what an outstanding fan! Well done. How fortunate we are (as a group) to have the considerable talent and skills of Louis Luu as a resource!

Jim:  I would love to see a video of this little gem running;  if you wouldn't mind posting one.

1 hour ago, Jim Roadt said:

Safety training for cat...

Training,...
  b'cuz there will be (was)
  only one Tripod (R.I.P.).

FWIW.....if you like that look on the wings, just a suggestion, gun cold bluing depending on the way the steel takes the bluing may create a cool effect as well. Either way, be it Evaporust effect, or cold bluing effect, you could use fine steel wool or fine grit wet dry on the wings to get back down to bare metal to reverse the process. If you use the cold bluing, I would just experiment on a small section of one wing to see how it turns out. That way it won't take much to reverse what was done. Clear coating the blade after desired effect will help prevent future oxidation. Rust never sleeps.  Enjoy your toy. 🙂

How To Blue — Van's Instant Gun Blue (vansgunblue.com)

s-l500.jpg

Edited by Russ Huber
  • Like 1