Anyone Aware of the Current Price of Rice in China?

Russ Huber

33 minutes ago, Patrick Ray said:

I can tell you a 25 lb bag of Thai jasmine rice is $30 here stateside. 😁 

H ell of a lot more interesting than the Baker vs. Luu match. 

• Like 2

Mexico doesn’t need Spains old stinky rice.

exico produces around 133,000 tons of rice per year. It is looking to increase production by 50% by the year 2018[1]. It imports about 750,000 tons[2]. 1. Mexico riceproduction 2. Mexico rice imports

I told a half truth.I learned that from watching politician’s and news.

In Mexico, the national demand for rice exceeds four times the consumption of the grain produced internally, which has caused growing volumes of imported rice.

For the third straight year, the World Rice Conference has voted Cambodian rice as the world's best. This year Cambodia shares the award with Thailand. I prefer Jasmine rice but most rice purists prefer plain rice, especially the Japanese who are super picky about their rice. Americans basically cannot handle plain rice and add all sorts of things to it. I sprinkle a little Kikkoman on top of mine. You might like Furikaki.  The current price of rice is around 385$ per tonne, which, from the spelling refers to the metric ton, not the American ton. That would be 2200 pounds instead of 2000 American. Rice is served with every meal where I live.

2 minutes ago, Bill Dunlap said:

For the third straight year, the World Rice Conference has voted Cambodian rice as the world's best. This year Cambodia shares the award with Thailand. I prefer Jasmine rice but most rice purists prefer plain rice, especially the Japanese who are super picky about their rice. Americans basically cannot handle plain rice and add all sorts of things to it. I sprinkle a little Kikkoman on top of mine. You might like Furikaki.  The current price of rice is around 385$ per tonne, which, from the spelling refers to the metric ton, not the American ton. That would be 2200 pounds instead of 2000 American. Rice is served with every meal where I live.

Wow. Hawaii Bill is one of them there rice professionals. All I know, is I keep hearing brown rice is healthier. I don't care, I think it is gooey. I dig Basmati lathered in butter.

304918026_5491223040966513_6025048348708701816_n.jpg

59 minutes ago, Russ Huber said:

Wow. Hawaii Bill is one of them there rice professionals. All I know, is I keep hearing brown rice is healthier. I don't care, I think it is gooey. I dig Basmati lathered in butter.

304918026_5491223040966513_6025048348708701816_n.jpg

I got news for you.  I think butter/lard/duck fat makes everything taste better.  Especially duck fat.  Not just for rice.

Edited by Louis Luu