Question about this Frankenfan

Mike Morris

Saw this at a flea market today. I got all excited when I spotted the base and was hoping motor was correct and intact. Oh well, later ornate base, 21646 motor, 77648 blade?  and a Signal cage and struts. Question is about the base, I'm thinking 12646 or 12648 and is switch correct for the base ?  I have never had any ornate base Emersons and this is only the second one I have seen around here. Yeah, I bought it, mainly for the base and motor, for $25 I figured why not. Thanks

20220910_143225.jpg

20220910_143233.jpg

20220910_143247.jpg

20220910_143254.jpg

20220910_143330.jpg

• Like 2

Those were exactly my thoughts. If I can't eventually find correct motor for the base, I have a good Emerson "big" motor that might look really good on that base. Still a frankenfan, but it would be a cool looking all Emerson frankenfan.

• Like 1

If I clean it up, do you think it will approach the magical Hunnert Thou number I've seen posted for other fans?😁

Edited by Mike Morris
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Mike Morris said:

If I clean it up, do you think it will approach the magical Hunnert Thou number I've seen posted for other fans?😁

I think you have to send George Durbin $1 for using his trademark phrase 🤣

If the wiring is intact enough not to be shorting out anywhere, I would sure like to know if / how well that GE switch runs the Emerson motor. The difference between the 12646 and 12648 should be in the length of the smooth segment of the neck just below the ball that holds the tilt, motor mount shaft, and the oscillator collar. That is a great Frankenfan.

I won't be able to tell if the GE switch will run the Emerson motor. After checking the wiring etc, I found the stator has an open set of windings. After I pulled the stator, I found one break, but that apparently is not the only break. On another note, the smooth section of the neck is approximately 1 1/8 inches. I don't know if that makes it a XX646 or XX648.