New Score ! Emerson 35661 "Hotel" Long Nose CF

Lexie Kensington

Well Folks the Bug has gotten under my Skin.

Here's my new restoration project an Emerson 34661. I am told is from around 1930. Can others verify that for me?

Its complete with Canopy, Hanger Hardware and all original blades. The terminals are even intact. The blades have no splits, cracks, dings, or warps. The snap switch is MOSTLY there.

Declared diagnosis: "Motor hums and will not run" I am not intimidated by this in the least. The armature spins freely by hand with no drag nor wobble. Seller says it came from a hotel bar in Sioux Falls.

Here it is fresh out of the UPS box-

I know what I'm doing this weekend!

IMG_7558.thumb.jpg.f99e884be46367e43a2b67f161d731ce.jpgIMG_7559.thumb.jpg.f5b07e769c9363b74db15c5db1b8ec3c.jpgIMG_7555.thumb.jpg.29579b1bdb3833be6dc0471bd334f18c.jpgIMG_7557.thumb.jpg.724d06423bda6eb77a0e206201c31553.jpg

Yep, 1930!  The final year of production for this model, which ran from 1925-1930.

Here is a video of one that I restored that hangs over my entry.

On 9/13/2022 at 5:22 PM, Derek Warnecke said:

Yep, 1930!  The final year of production for this model, which ran from 1925-1930.

Here is a video of one that I restored that hangs over my entry.

Derek, I don’t want to hijack Lexie’s thread , so you can PM me your reply if you’d like.  I see you have a cathedral ceiling like I do. There’s no easy access to add structural members to mount a heavy fan.  Did you use the modern Hunter kit and just lag it into the truss? Thanks in advance for your reply.  I have a Fernleaf that I’d like to hang from ours. 

Edited by Lane Shirey

8 hours ago, Lane Shirey said:

Derek, I don’t want to hijack Lexie’s thread , so you can PM me your reply if you’d like.  I see you have a cathedral ceiling like I do. There’s no easy access to add structural members to mount a heavy fan.  Did you use the modern Hunter kit and just lag it into the truss? Thanks in advance for your reply.  I have a Fernleaf that I’d like to hang from ours. 

Lane, correct.  Lag bolt and a Hunter Original sloped ceiling kit to attach these to existing ceiling trusses.

• Like 1