Purchased from Stan's meet Houston.

Paul Carmody

I purchased this nice fan from a very nice lady for a very fair price!-It's a BMY, and the ones present at Stan's meet probably  didn't see this diamond in the rough.It was dirty and tarnished with a cage that was bent out of shape.I was assured  that it ran well and was welcome to try it.I declined and took her word for it.I got it home,blew out the dust with compressed air,new oil+wick. When I plugged it in and hit the switch,I at that moment was the happiest person on earth!!-I have had some real disappointing results on this less than 4 year journey,as in damaged in shipping, to misleading information, and flat out lies.It was smooth, quiet,with a perfect .10 amp separation in speeds.The cage was reshaped to where it should be, all brass hand polished.It did have a very slight vibration.As it turned out one blade was slightly bent back.I put it back in order and vibration gone on the otherwise but now near perfect  blade.I ran it for nearly 2 days straight and it hardly got warm.It needs a rewire,and the paint really shines after cleaning and buffing.It does  have a lot of paint chips,scratches, with zero nicks,dents, or rust,so I will probably repaint.It's just outside of leave it alone for me.But it shows well for now.

What a good time at Stan's!-I'm really looking forward to next year!

20211104_034446.jpg

Great find! Good to hear it was in such good condition. So many other fans are found needing tons of work. Glad yours needed a good cleaning and basic service. 

• Like 1