Loop handle GE AOU 12"

Paul Alexander

Thanks to everyone for the help in replacing the stator wires! Fan is running but doesn't seem to have distinct speeds? I can live with that! Another question, what is average running temp of the motor? It seems very hot, and I'm getting a smell from it. I hope it is from the cleaning spray (Electro-sol). I know GE's seem to have more heat than Emmy's but?

How hot is hot?I have an AOU and it runs just warm after hours.Same with my 16”brass bell.If it’s too hot to hold on to something’s wrong.The only GE fans I have that run near hot are the later stamped steel.

Its pretty hot! Can't hold my hand on it! I just don't have the electrical knowledge to troubleshoot it? Not sure if the problem is if it wired wrong? It doesn't have three speeds now so that might be the problem? The blade is spinning great and not binding and I the gear box is working fine (not binding)

It sounds like wiring.A couple of times on Westinghouse’s that were cross wired they get hot quick.

I haven’t dealt with GEs with the extra wires or crossed wired yet,but I would assume the outcome would be the same.