Fort Wayne 8" All- Brass

Bobby Gaines

I just finished restoring me little FWEW all brass fan, Had to send the motor to Dan Nguyen for a rewind. Worked out great! When I got it a while back the cage was a mess, I am not sure if it came from the factory like that but badge was soldered straight to the cage no clips. The cage has only 4 S wires, most of these little fans that I have seen have 6. The motor housing had a few dents in it but I was able to get them out. The rivet holes where the motor tag goes were elongated so to mount the tag with brass screws and a backup plate inside the housing. Balanced the blade,polished and lacquered and here it is. The pictures at the bottom are some of the rewind. What year was this manufactured?

FWEW 1.jpg

FWEW 3.jpg

FWEW 5.jpg

FWEW 7.jpg

FWEW 8.jpg

FWEW 10.jpg

Fort Wayne rewind 2.jpeg

Fort Wayne rewind 3.jpeg

Fort Wayne rewind.jpeg

IMG_0114.jpg

• Like 3

Fantastic job Bobby, the brass looks amazing!  Mine has a six wire cage and the badge has bent tabs holding it on, besides looking like a turd compared to yours.  

17BC91D2-C12D-4D30-A1D4-7BE0150E0464.jpeg

762C09C9-EF02-40C4-B9E8-A310EFF874E3.jpeg

1911 Electrical trade description gives strong impression the drawn brass 8" models were introduced in 11. I can't pin down images for 1910 Fort Wayne 8" all brass models.