Found what I think is an Emerson 29646 – how to clean it??

Tom Stone

Et8Y7hK.jpg?1

bGUQkjA.jpg?1

W1gI2g9.jpg?2

Earlier this week, I found an old Emerson sitting on a shelf in an old abandoned hotel. It looks like it has been sitting there for at least 90 years. I tried to get better pics, but it was fairly dark in there, and frankly pretty spooky. To me, it appears to be an Emerson 29646 or similar model, but you experts may be able to confirm. My main question is should I clean this fan and polish it back to as-new condition, or leave it in as-found condition – kind of like a barn find. I think I really like it the way it is now…..

Before you all get too emotional looking at the photos, I must confess the fan is on display at Disneyland in the souvenir shop of the Tower of Terror ride. At least it is ‘period correct’, as the Twilight Zone skit that they play at the beginning of the ride indicate that the ‘Hollywood Hotel’ was abandoned after an elevator incident in 1929.

Not sure if any of you ever noticed the Emerson or not, but I thought I would post it and perhaps get a chuckle. I saw another vintage fan on display at the Expedition Everest ride, but I could not get a good pic of it to identify.  

Edited by Tom Stone
  • Haha 1