Bank Vault Fan I Have, copper tube was cut - - A Polar Cub motor

Steven P Dempsey

I have 2 nice complete and functional with NO dents. I took them to a brass instrument repair shop and the took out all the creases and dents.

unnamed (4).png

unnamed (3).png

unnamed (5).png

unnamed (6).png

Edited by Russ Huber
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Russ Huber said:

There are no outside oil ports I am aware of. You have too physically remove the Polar Cub fan to add oil to its small oil ports. 

What Russ says!

19 hours ago, Russ Huber said:

I have 2 nice complete and functional with NO dents. I took them to a brass instrument repair shop and the took out all the creases and dents.

unnamed (4).png

unnamed (3).png

unnamed (5).png

unnamed (6).png

Hi Russ! Was removing dents pricey?

Just now, George Durbin said:

Hi Russ! Was removing dents pricey?

No, I think the instrument tech thought I was homeless and digging through dumpsters for soup and sandwich. Purchasing them was not cheap.

Don't shave or take a bath for over a week and wear used sweats from Goodwill with holes in them before you go to the music shop.

1 hour ago, Russ Huber said:

No, I think the instrument tech thought I was homeless and digging through dumpsters for soup and sandwich. Purchasing them was not cheap.

Don't shave or take a bath for over a week and wear used sweats from Goodwill with holes in them before you go to the music shop.

I get all my wardrobe from GW! I will fit right in!

The cub motors are easy to remove and lube...

I was wondering if these fans only ran when someone was stuck in the vault or was also used for general ventilation?

5 minutes ago, Steven P Dempsey said:

What are those 3 handles for? Weird.

Firemen used them for building smoke inhalation control. Long extension cords and multiple handles for sure grip, knock down the door, stick the sucking side in the building, and let the 3700 RPM Polar Cub suck the building nearly smoke free. Fact Jack.