Another Trojan Project About Done

Mark Stillman

Many thanks to the folks that helped bring this one back from a stump!  Just need to decide how to finish up the brass. What level of patina and maybe clear coat. This beast is a fast loud runner and it moves a bunch of air.

IMG_1094.JPG

IMG_1093.JPG

IMG_0995.JPG

IMG_0990.JPG

IMG_1010.JPG

IMG_0992.JPG

• Like 2

I think the brass looks right as you have it now. But if you go with a mirror polish, I think that would look good as well. Great looking fan!

• Thanks 1

This 5610 Trojan in all original finish shows what the brass looked like on Trojans.  They never had polished brass but it was finished in a "dipped and lacquered" finish unlike the full polish on the regular Emerson models of the era.    I have never seen anyone duplicate the original finish but I can provide information on how it was done from an old publication.

I found two photos of Bill Refakis' 5320 Trojan in original finish.

CIMG4267.JPG

7-4-11 004.JPG

7-4-11 011.JPG

• Thanks 1

I'm thinking I'd like to tone it down a bit maybe between what it is now and how our 5410 is.  It's a 5320 as well.  Definitely not going to polish it further.

IMG_1097.JPG

Edited by Mark Stillman
  • Like 1

Old pianos make great display shelving for old fans. Hey Steve,  that 6 winger in 1st picture looks like a 5410 not a 56...am i right ? Those old stumps are very well worth reassembly / restoration with some of the excellent reproduction parts from the talented members of this group