??? Unknown fan ???.... Victron Summer Frost Thanks..

David A Cherry

I picked it up today for $25 not working ..Plugged it in and it made noise ..it amazes me people don’t oil their fans.. they just run them until they lock up.. 10 drops of the oil down each hole with the word oil stamped next to it .and the way she went all happy again..

it is practically new old stock but the sticker on the bottom fell off..  i’m hoping someone knows who the manufacture was.. 

30F8FEA3-750B-46AD-B82F-1B68359C3257.jpeg

5AEF6C5C-254F-4EDE-8C1E-88A132758559.jpeg

Edited by David A Cherry
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Jim Kovar said:

How would that work?

C-frame, or shaded pole motor.  That is what the Surf fan has. Or it was the motor I witnessed in one of them.

DisassembledShadedPoleMotor-LG.jpg

• David A Cherry changed the title to ??? Unknown fan ???.... Victron Summer Frost Thanks..

Thanks everyone.. I live in Cincinnati .. So it just makes sense that I would find another unusual Cincinnati victor fan.. I guess now I need to find the front badge.. Funny how the most obvious thing is missing and I didn’t see it.. maybe I didn’t want to see it sometimes when you buy a $20 fan you talk yourself into it.. in a lot of ways it looks better anyway.. anyway I know this is a Hail Mary but I guess I should get the badge if there is one out there available.. it’s a very nice looking fan otherwise..

13 hours ago, David A Cherry said:

I picked it up today for $25 not working ..Plugged it in and it made noise ..it amazes me people don’t oil their fans.. they just run them until they lock up.. 10 drops of the oil down each hole with the word oil stamped next to it .and the way she went all happy again..

it is practically new old stock but the sticker on the bottom fell off..  i’m hoping someone knows who the manufacture was.. 

30F8FEA3-750B-46AD-B82F-1B68359C3257.jpeg

5AEF6C5C-254F-4EDE-8C1E-88A132758559.jpeg

Make a badge out of aluminum. It's not a $25 fan, you just got lucky and got it for $25. 🙂

Edited by Russ Huber

I wonder how many owners of fans like this kept track of the hours and followed the oiling instructions? . . . . unless the fan has an "hours meter" :classic_rolleyes:

motor tag.jpg