I've been searching for one of these for as long as I can remember...

Rob Duffy

Some of you may remember that a few months ago, I had finally acquired my personal holy grail after a 25 year hunt. It was exciting to receive it and do a full and proper restoration. I've been enjoying it in my new home since I moved in the end of September.

About a month ago, an unrelated fan of ceiling variety popped up on Craigslist. I received several notifications from various collectors about it's existence and despite initial plans to go pick it up, I ultimately decided against it. I needed another ceiling fan like I need another hole in my head. That was until yesterday, the ad was relisted and this time I actually drove 45 minutes to pick it up.

After about 15 minutes removing the fan from the kitchen and packing it into my car for my return trip home, I stumbled across this a few houses down, sitting at the curb with various other things out for trash day. Of course now that I already have my holy grail, I'll be tripping over these thermo-pushbutton combo Chelsea fans for the next 50 or so years. Couldn't resist grabbing it though!

What are the chances.... When it rains, it pours.

chelsea60w2.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/5/2021 at 10:13 PM, Rob Duffy said:

Some of you may remember that a few months ago, I had finally acquired my personal holy grail after a 25 year hunt. It was exciting to receive it and do a full and proper restoration. I've been enjoying it in my new home since I moved in the end of September.

About a month ago, an unrelated fan of ceiling variety popped up on Craigslist. I received several notifications from various collectors about it's existence and despite initial plans to go pick it up, I ultimately decided against it. I needed another ceiling fan like I need another hole in my head. That was until yesterday, the ad was relisted and this time I actually drove 45 minutes to pick it up.

After about 15 minutes removing the fan from the kitchen and packing it into my car for my return trip home, I stumbled across this a few houses down, sitting at the curb with various other things out for trash day. Of course now that I already have my holy grail, I'll be tripping over these thermo-pushbutton combo Chelsea fans for the next 50 or so years. Couldn't resist grabbing it though!

What are the chances.... When it rains, it pours.

chelsea60w2.jpg

Awesome!

• 1 month later...