Louis Luu

5/16-32 thread.  Will give it a try.  Geoff will be sending me an intact oiler with the spring.  I will CAD a jig for the spring.  I need to source the proper piano diameter wire for the spring.  I will try to make it so the threads are printable.  The size of the piece will make the threads a possibility to predict for shrinkage.

IMG_0996.JPG

Now I understand why Darryl was hesitant to make these.  I will need to unhook the spring from the cap to remove the mechanism below to draw it up.

image.thumb.png.b56b7abe84421dbce96bb8ec93dd764e.pngimage.png.f349b71668d6012f01a7fc06e28520c4.pngimage.thumb.png.400762e16766fb991c87d1f13ecea8a4.png

I ordered a test print in metal.  Will see how the threads fit.  I also ordered one without the thread to see if it can be tapped with my tools at home.  All the parts were put on a scaffold to allow the machine to print.  Once I get the parts, I will snip it with a wire cutter.

image.png.e0cee130aad64fa5ef1820d28756e4c0.pngimage.png.04045a48e7a7642539f0a432d18f4a0d.png

Hey Louis, we got a thread count of 32 TPI from an original off of a 1220 Emerson motor circa 1903-1905 Is that the same as other sources reporting ??

28 minutes ago, Geoff Dunaway said:

Hey Louis, we got a thread count of 32 TPI from an original off of a 1220 Emerson motor circa 1903-1905 Is that the same as other sources reporting ??

Thank you.  I ordered the print already and will make the necessary adjustments.

3 hours ago, George Durbin said:

Aaarrrrggghhhh!  

No problem.  I will resubmit for printing.  The bottom piece is just a scaffold to help with printing small parts....can be snipped off with a good wire plier.

Edited by Louis Luu

• 4 weeks later...