R&M Stamped Steel Oscillator Mech

Steven P Dempsey

Some one wants a 2610 Oscillator wheel & Linkage, there were 2 versions back then (the 20s)

A simple set screw & wheel with tapped holes, and the later greater version, worm gear... which one for a 2610? (5 blade 10" Stamped) Looks like the older version, but I sold all my 2610s (5 blades)

R&M Stamped Osc.jpg

stamped R&M Wheel and Linkage.jpg

2610 Original 2.jpg

2610 Original.jpg

5D15286E-913D-4C8A-A695-712C4A9D6442.thumb.jpeg.69bd15cc7aa78c8d0bbff6bcf7bfb1a1.jpegEA58DF53-31C2-420A-B270-EED313356684.thumb.jpeg.985fefd2c173edf148d6981793d6d93d.jpegMy 2610 has the old version with the set shoulder screw and three settings (I think 3). 

Edited by Dave McManaman

2 hours ago, Dave McManaman said:

5D15286E-913D-4C8A-A695-712C4A9D6442.thumb.jpeg.69bd15cc7aa78c8d0bbff6bcf7bfb1a1.jpegEA58DF53-31C2-420A-B270-EED313356684.thumb.jpeg.985fefd2c173edf148d6981793d6d93d.jpegMy 2610 has the old version with the set shoulder screw and three settings (I think 3). 

The 5 wing 9" universal motor R&M was introduced to the market in 1916, and its last season was 1920.

IMG_0058.jpg

Thanks I have taken the parts off a LIST 3000, the second gen oscillator wheel is a big improvement! Better than the Emerson I think.

• 5 weeks later...

Folks,

First post on this forum, am working on a list 3100 that has been in the family, but has been sitting around with missing parts for several decades.  Your pics above may be useful to me!

The oscillator wheel and arm are missing, and I will probably need to fabricate them.  From what little I know, it *appears* that the 3100 is very close to the 2610 1st gen.  Anyone know if I'm right about that?

Thanks!

Scott Iverson

28 minutes ago, Scottie said:

Folks,

First post on this forum, am working on a list 3100 that has been in the family, but has been sitting around with missing parts for several decades.  Your pics above may be useful to me!

The oscillator wheel and arm are missing, and I will probably need to fabricate them.  From what little I know, it *appears* that the 3100 is very close to the 2610 1st gen.  Anyone know if I'm right about that?

Thanks!

Scott Iverson

Hi Scott. Not sure I know the answer but even though you have your name in the body of your post, you want to get your name in the registration or your post could be deleted. Hopefully you can do that and get an answer soon. Also, might try antiquefanparts.com for what you need. They have lots of stuff

Edited by Dave McManaman

Steven,

Looks like I can't message you directly.  I was interested in seeing what a list 3100 arm and wheel look like, since they are missing and I was planning to build them.  The wheel shaft is broken, also, but can make a wheel that will work on what is left of the shaft.  Antique fan parts didn't have them.  I have reconditioned the rest of the fan.  It is in pretty good shape and runs fine.  Happen to have a 3100 parts unit in your stash?

Scott

I have  those parts, the old style with a set screw & 4 holes, correct?I also had listed a complete 3100 & 2610 (5 Blades) in BST

PMme for details.

first gen R&M stamped Osc Mech.jpg

2 hours ago, Steven P Dempsey said:

I have  those parts, the old style with a set screw & 4 holes, correct?I also had listed a complete 3100 & 2610 (5 Blades) in BST

PMme for details.

Steven,

Those look like the ones!  I'd like to PM you, but the system won't let me:  "You are only allowed to send 0 messages per day. Please try again later."

Is that a guest limitation?  Maybe I can PM you if you send a PM first?  Dunno.

Scott

Steven,

BTW -- It is a list 3100, and I do not know which style it originally had.  This fan was in my mothers side of the family, sitting around for years.  The wheel and arm are missing, and the shaft for the wheel is broken off.

I have the feeling that this fan tumbled off a high shelf at some point in it's life!  Works fine otherwise after I went through the motor and electrical.

Scott

try estebanbuggs@gmail.com

I just got these nuggets out of storage, the 3100 had the old style wheel, as did the LIST 3000 (stationary version)

trying to get better organized.

R&M Stamped Fans X5.jpg