GE 3 star fan

Stephen Rahimian

Hello, I juat acquired what I believe is a GE 3 star fan. It definitely needs rewiring and was wondering if anyone had any advice on that.  I'm planning on getting my supplies from antiquefanparts.com

20221005_202828.jpg

Nice fan.     The strut on top with the half curve should be on one of the sides to allow room for oscillation during sweep.  One of the other struts should be more flat without the half circle,  that one would go on the top.    Can't see them in the pictures provided.

Here are some more photos, I took the cage off for clarity.  I think the struts that connect the cage to the fan body are bent a little bit because the blades nearly hit the front of the cage.  Also the ring sown in the last photo is broken and being held together with tape. I plan on requiring it as the wire on the fan itself seems pretty janky

20221006_221344.jpg

20221006_221353.jpg

20221006_221407.jpg

20221006_221357.jpg

20221006_221431.jpg

20221006_221443.jpg

20221006_221451.jpg

Thanks for the replies, does anyone have any experience rewiring the form R4 motors for these fans?  Or repairing nicks in the blades?

On 10/6/2022 at 4:48 PM, Anthony Lindsey said:

Nice fan.     The strut on top with the half curve should be on one of the sides to allow room for oscillation during sweep.  One of the other struts should be more flat without the half circle,  that one would go on the top.    Can't see them in the pictures provided.

I see them and know which ones you are talking about, thanks!