AFCA Museum happenings

Kim Frank

Things are about to change at the Antique Fan Collectors Museum. We will be closing after October 14 for about three weeks so that we can add an additional aisle to the first floor. This will give us an additional 130 display surfaces to better show off all of our fans. This will entail removing all the fans, moving the display cases and making the aisles a bit narrower, then putting all the fans back on the shelves. This will allow for that additional row.

One of the aisles will be dedicated to the oscillating fans, showing how fans went from being stationary to being able to move air throughout a room. We have a lot of oscillators on display, but could use a few more, most noteably a Century S-4 and an Emerson 2210. If you have either of these fans and would like to have them on display at the Museum, let  Eddie, Tom, or me know and we can make arrangements to get them here. 

Part of the reason for the reconfiguration is the addition of 2 large collections over the last month or so. In August, Terry Burns collection of 150 fans was put on display and yesterday, a collection of over 100 fans was delivered from Andy Hackman in California . These include large pedestal fans, circulators, hassock fans, and desk fans. It's a very impressive lot. Once we're done, I'll post pictures of the new setup. 

IMG_1429.JPG

IMG_1430.JPG

IMG_1431.JPG

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Kim Frank said:

Things are about to change at the Antique Fan Collectors Museum. We will be closing after October 14 for about three weeks so that we can add an additional aisle to the first floor. This will give us an additional 130 display surfaces to better show off all of our fans. This will entail removing all the fans, moving the display cases and making the aisles a bit narrower, then putting all the fans back on the shelves. This will allow for that additional row.

One of the aisles will be dedicated to the oscillating fans, showing how fans went from being stationary to being able to move air throughout a room. We have a lot of oscillators on display, but could use a few more, most noteably a Century S-4 and an Emerson 2210. If you have either of these fans and would like to have them on display at the Museum, let  Eddie, Tom, or me know and we can make arrangements to get them here. 

Part of the reason for the reconfiguration is the addition of 2 large collections over the last month or so. In August, Terry Burns collection of 150 fans was put on display and yesterday, a collection of over 100 fans was delivered from Andy Hackman in California . These include large pedestal fans, circulators, hassock fans, and desk fans. It's a very impressive lot. Once we're done, I'll post pictures of the new setup. 

IMG_1429.JPG

IMG_1430.JPG

IMG_1431.JPG

I noticed all the circulators, I see one the museum doesn’t have and needs

Word on the street is,...
   they're ridding the
   museum of junk to
   make more room for
   more Emerson fans.

2139062686_s-l1600-2022-09-20T150556_476.thumb.jpg.b960b49a855ae57998f45d0e8c3c6737.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jim Kovar said:

Word on the street is,...
   they're ridding the
   museum of junk to
   make more room for
   more Emerson fans.

2139062686_s-l1600-2022-09-20T150556_476.thumb.jpg.b960b49a855ae57998f45d0e8c3c6737.jpg

If it’s true, I’m going to run all the way there!

In addition to having more fans in the downstairs museum, we've added a  separate addition to the museum specifically for displaying the Emerson fans. It will also have two levels....

Outhouse.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Here's the first shipment of Emerson display stands for the new wing....Pretty amazing what's on the lower level of an outhou....err....Emerson addition...They'll fit right in...

Emerson display stands.jpg

Edited by Kim Frank

5 minutes ago, Kim Frank said:

Here's the first shipment of Emerson display stands for the new wing....Pretty amazing what's on the lower level of an outhou....err....Emerson addition...

Emerson display stands.jpg

Too fancy.

4 hours ago, Kim Frank said:

In addition to my shack not far from Indy, I added a few cedar planks and a sheet of tin borrowed from the neighbor to the roof of the back yard Johnny house, no more umbrella while on the throne on rainy days. Made some interior updates. 

Outhouse.jpg

outhouse-8.jpg

• Haha 1