Motor tag

Jim Roadt

I have redone some Emerson tags with pretty good results, however, this peerless is not raised very much at all.  I think the spraying and removing the high spots would be a disaster.   I cleaned it up a little with Mothers but it does not remove the gunk very well

Any ideas appreciated 20211106_163739.thumb.jpg.fd92ad60a3d68d3a6f953ed2d2362588.jpg20211106_163752.thumb.jpg.d26995567020e3d08b72172ce1777145.jpg

On 11/6/2021 at 4:46 PM, Jim Roadt said:

I have redone some Emerson tags with pretty good results, however, this peerless is not raised very much at all.  I think the spraying and removing the high spots would be a disaster.   I cleaned it up a little with Mothers but it does not remove the gunk very well

Any ideas appreciated 

Can you feel the letters raised at all? If it is I can get the black background on there and get your letters to stay clean. I don't think I can manage the red paint on the peerless though. I'd have to paint that first and then add the black and then try and get the errant black off the red without removing the red.

5 hours ago, Trevor Andersen said:

Can you feel the letters raised at all? If it is I can get the black background on there and get your letters to stay clean. I don't think I can manage the red paint on the peerless though. I'd have to paint that first and then add the black and then try and get the errant black off the red without removing the red.

Thanks Trevor if I could figure out how to PM  I would

Hey Jim, top right of the forum browser window you should see an Envelope. Use that to private message someone. Then just use the Compose New button, and finally start typing in a name and it will give you a list of people to choose from.

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 8.28.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 8.28.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 8.29.03 PM.png

• 3 weeks later...

Got it finished the best I can. Turned out extra tricky as many of the letters just dissolved with a cloth and some mineral spirits i used to clean before I painted. So I had to practice my xacto knife calligraphy. 

20211126_171223.thumb.jpg.79e1f8f86f8ec1fef57dc57887816c9a.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Russ Huber said:

Jim, I was in recent past contact with Donald Coleman.  He stated he had covid at the time. Good luck!

Trevor did a fantastic job

• 2 weeks later...