NOS Windmaker attic fan

Ken McClead

I got lucky today and was able to get a NOS Windmaker attic fan.  I do not believe the fan was ever used or installed as it was in excellent shape and only had surface dust from being stored in a storage unit.  I oiled the motor to be on the safe side, and attached a power cord and it came on and blows a large amount of air.  It has a 30" diameter fan blade.  Here are pictures of the fan.

pricesh011-scaled~2.jpg

20221022_173528.jpg

20221022_173508.jpg

20221022_173450.jpg

• Like 1

I am beginning to wonder if my fan is a Montgomery Ward fan after seeing this video.  The fan in the video had the same type of blade that was secured to the fan shaft with a roll pin and a set screw.  The only difference was his fan had a split phase motor and mine is a psc motor.  I wonder if Phil Rich made fans for Montgomery Wards and they placed their labels on the fans (re-badged).  If anyone knows please let me know.  Here is the video I watched.

Definitely a rebadged Phil Rich near the end of their reign. I have (had) two Montgomery Wards with ribbed blades. One was given to Jay Bernard, still have the other one.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Stan Adams said:

Definitely a rebadged Phil Rich near the end of their reign. I have (had) two Montgomery Wards with ribbed blades. One was given to Jay Bernard, still have the other one.

Very interesting!  I saw a listing on Ebay for the 36" version of this fan, but it was 2 speed model.  Exact same paint color as mine, but had a GE motor, no id badge/sticker.  Makes you wander who made it?

55 minutes ago, Tom Zapf said:

great find and in really clean condition...i hope you can find a plac e to install it! 

Yes, this one is a keeper.  I am planning to make a wooden enclosure for it and use it in the garage during the long Gulf coast Texas summers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had one of those in the upstairs ceiling blowing up and out through the unfinished attic of my old house.  Open the windows and it could change out all the air in the house in minutes.  I'd love to still have a fan like that.