Emerson 810 blade

Phillip Scott

I'm still doing inventory and general clean up after recently retiring. I have come across an Emerson model 810 that has two blades. Of course, it was originally a four blade that had issues in its long life. Someone did a good job of removing the other two blade and mounts for them where the remaining two blades are in a decent balance. I just think it deserves to return to its former glory of a four bladed fan. This is probably a long shot in asking. But, if you have one you would sell me it would be very much appreciated,

The Emerson 910 is a terrific and rare fan dating to 1902 or thereabouts. Your fan blade can be repaired. I would try Paul Graves (in the member's directory). Of course the new blades won't look the same as the old ones unless you intend to polish the brass in which case, the fan blades will all look the same. Below is my 910. Be very careful when you clean or polish the nickel plated motor badge. The nickel plating is very thin and will come off with hard polishing.

IMG_0928.thumb.JPG.05a5e042d2fc164377d587f2850baf0b.JPG

Sounds like the hub has been cut. In that case Jerry Bravi makes excellent reproduction blade sets.  Or find a good used blade set. 

Yes, I'm planning on coming to town on Thursday. Razorbacks play on Saturday, and I have season tickets. Will head home Friday afternoon or Saturday morning. Unless I can get help working on a few fans that I plan to bring with me.