AFC Museum reconfiguring......

Kim Frank

We closed the museum doors on October 14th for three weeks. We have taken in over 250 antique fans in the last couple of months and were running out of places to put them. With some measuring, we concluded we could add one more row of display cases. This entailed building some longer wood shelves, and freed up the 6 existing display cases needed. We started with the Emerson aisle, taking every fan down, removing the glass and wood shelves, and moving them about 6 inches closer to the GE aisle. It is now 31 inches wide, a bit closer for that up close and personal viewing of fans. All the existing rows were done the same way and when all were moved, we had the room for the extra row. As you can see, we have a lot of new empty shelves just waiting for members fans to be displayed. We have a  row of nothing but oscillating fans. We still need an Emerson 2210/2220  and a Century S-4, but have a pretty comprehensive showing of how oscillation designing progressed. We'll be doing a separate section for coin ops by GE and W/H. We can still use more Emersons (didn't think I'd ever hear myself say that) especially the earlier stuff. Century isn't represented much either. If you'd like to have a fan from your collection on display in the AFCA museum, give me a shout. After this, we'll be going upstairs and reorganizing the layout and adding more fans. The next time you visit, you'll see a different museum with a lot more to look at on both floors. The first five pictures show the museum as it was and then being broken down. The rest show the finished project except for some finessing here and there. Come visit us and check it out.

IMG_1456.JPG

IMG_1464.JPG

IMG_1478.JPG

IMG_1479 (2).JPG

IMG_1481 (2).JPG

IMG_1521.JPG

IMG_1513.JPG

IMG_1517.JPG

IMG_1516 (2).JPG

IMG_1518 (2).JPG

IMG_1519 (2).JPG

IMG_1522.JPG

• Like 6

Thank you for maintaining the museum and all that is needed to provide this for the members and community.   Please never think your work is not appreciated.  

Mel

Thank you. We have a lot of empty shelves just waiting to be filled. If you have a fan that you think we don't have on display and you'd like to share it with other collectors, contact me or Tom and put it on loan to the Museum. There a lot of AFCA members with their fans on display in the museum. My wife just loves that my GE Pancake collection is here and not at the house....

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Kim Frank said:

Thank you. We have a lot of empty shelves just waiting to be filled. If you have a fan that you think we don't have on display and you'd like to share it with other collectors, contact me or Tom and put it on loan to the Museum. There a lot of AFCA members with their fans on display in the museum. My wife just loves that my GE Pancake collection is here and not at the house....

As always Kim! you and Tom knocked it out of the park!