More wrong parts

Aaron Gillette

I followed everyone's advice on my fan's direction, etc, and now it is working much better! but some problems remain. I've attached some photos, videos, recordings to show what my fan is doing. Here's the list:

1. It appears that I have the wrong screw attaching the fan blade assembly to the rotor. Does anyone know the correct screw? And where I could get it, since I must have lost it (antique fan parts store I would guess).

2. On the fan body attachment to the base, this screw is obviously wrong too. Would anyone know what the correct screw looks like? And I think it also has a washer maybe?

3. For the cover of the oscillator box, one of the screws fits well, but the other won't grab the box--does it need a longer screw? Or a thicker one? Or something else?

4. Is there any good way to tighten or otherwise tune up the wheel below the oscillator box, as well as the rod leading from it to the base?

5. On the photo of the oscillator box: you can see a screw which is directly above the "T" formed by the two cylindrical gears. I put that there, thinking that a screw ought to go there. But maybe not?  I know that worm screws sometimes go in the oscillator box, for some reason.

6. Finally, there is a "clunking" noise from the fan. I suspect it is something with the oscillator box. I included a video and audio file to demonstrate. What's that? (I've since added the red grease to the oscillator box--it seemed to lessen the noise, but not stop it, especially on low power).

Thank you!

base wrong screws.JPG

wrong screw fan blade to rotor.JPG

oscillator screw.JPG

Looks like your missing a set screw to that oscillator gear and what your hearing is the shaft just  spinning freely inside the gear that’s what your hearing that rattle