westinghouse 164848G

Richard Collier

I am looking for the oscillator post for a Westinghouse 164848G. I'm trying to rebuild this fan, and sending the coil to Rick Huckabee to be rebuilt, getting the motor off the base was difficult. Broke the post into pieces, dont think it is repairable. I  would love to find the post, or maybe a parts fan, the rest of this one is fairly good, just really rough. Thanks for any help. Richard in Texas

It is a 12 inch.  Sorry for not posting size.  I can tell you the cast metal post is really brittle.  Very hard to remove from the base , just crumbled.   I really like this fan, even though it's rough.  A gift from a family friend with hopes of resurrection . 

The fan is not rare, not a joke, yet not high dollar either, just food for thought as you invest more jing into it. In a nut shell, if your patient, you can eventually find parts for it, including the stator or speed coil. 

Vic Valencheck, no,, not that part.. I need the post that goes between base and motor, it has threaded holes in it for set screws to adjust up and down I think it is cast aluminum, not sure . May be cast iron..  I broke it trying to separate motor from base. Russ Huber.. oh yeah, your speed coil and switch  looks better than mine.. Mine does work all three speeds, but will not start on its own,. buzzes til I spin the shaft.

51 minutes ago, Richard Collier said:

Vic Valencheck, no,, not that part.. I need the post that goes between base and motor, it has threaded holes in it for set screws to adjust up and down I think it is cast aluminum, not sure . May be cast iron..  I broke it trying to separate motor from base. Russ Huber.. oh yeah, your speed coil and switch  looks better than mine.. Mine does work all three speeds, but will not start on its own,. buzzes til I spin the shaft.

Post more pictures please. Pictures of your post issue, lets see the fan, and switch please.

I will do that first thing tomorrow.. Its at my shop.. Im not doing a great job of describing the broken part, . I would buy the switch and coil assembly if its for sale.

Sounds like he needs the pot metal neck piece that the motor head slides into. Very commonly broken. It also has the mounting stud for the oscillator arm . 

26 minutes ago, Richard Collier said:

Lawrence Smith.. yes I do need the pot metal neck piece.

westy prts.jpg

That is kind of what I figured How does $1000.00 + shipping for the switch and pivot sound?

IMG_2773.JPG

2 minutes ago, Anthony Lindsey said:

How about $950 with free shipping?

20221106_124253.jpg

If this guy only knew the discount on parts a membership would give him. 

Richard, if you want the parts for under $950.00, call me. 507-279-2635 

3 hours ago, Russ Huber said:

If this guy only knew the discount on parts a membership would give him. 

Richard, if you want the parts for under $950.00, call me. 507-279-2635 

Richard is a member & usually makes the Houston meet. He had accidentally let his membership run out, but is current now. If anyone can help, Richard is a great guy.

3 hours ago, Stan Adams said:

Richard is a member & usually makes the Houston meet. He had accidentally let his membership run out, but is current now. If anyone can help, Richard is a great guy.

Richard called and I told him not to let Anthony take advantage of him at $950.00 even with free shipping. I was just kidding at $1000.00 + shipping, who would do such a thing. Richard and I agreed on a fair price of $949.99 with free shipping, but he needs to cover his insurance, it is only fair. You're a gonna love what you get Richard, I pack nice and snug with top grade egg cartons, empty drinking water bottles, and empty plastic milk containers. I have been saving my old socks and underwear to squeeze into spots the egg cartons can't snug. Your parts are in good hands for the long haul. Hang tight!

• Haha 3