My new GE Whiz

Tim Babcock

I bought this from Doc, this last meet. Rustolium came out with a Dark Hunter green. I painted this Whiz that color. I put it up against one of my Dark green GE fans I painted. Its got more blue then the hunter green which is a bit more yellow. I think the DHG may look a bit closer to the original GE green.

DSC08125.JPG

DSC08126.JPG

DSC08127.JPG

DSC08128.JPG

• Like 3

Charleston Green is the closest spray paint comes to matching the GE green. Unfortunately it has been sold out nationwide for about 2 years and they aren't making new batches any time soon it appears. I have cans I hoarded left to do maybe 3 more fans. But I have been working on a color match with the water based autopaints I use for almost everything now. FB_IMG_1668087871429.thumb.jpg.e10daeb873bc810bf93d1f4cf6161359.jpg

Edited by Trevor Andersen

Rattle cans work fine. It took me a while to get the hang of it. When I started it would not be out of the ordinary for me to paint, clean off and do it again sometimes three times. Where I find rattle cans lack is on the bigger box fans, where you have a lot of coverage needed. I wanted to take an old Frigidaire Refrigerator door and sand blast it and paint it in a mid century turquoise after stripping it down for a wall hanger to put my wife's fridge magnets on. It was hard to get the right temp on the metal so I could coat it with over lap and not have it dry too fast. It took me two trys after one bad paint job and taking it all off and going again. But it came out nice. DSC07940.JPG.d78eaaa0c44ec716ad10c7b0bc9ec76c.JPG