1930 GE AK1 16” fan cage part needed. (Or one that will fit from another year)

John Landstrom

May seem like an odd request, but I have a fan cage with one seriously bent serpentine wire that I’m unable to bend back to the correct shape.  The outer circular rods and serpentine wires are in good shape.  It’s a 16” cage for a 1930 era GE AK1 oscillating fan, 75425.  

Is there anyone out there who has a damaged cage in their scrap pile with the same serpentine wire that’s not damaged?   I’m looking for someone who does to cut the wire out by cutting the outer large circular rods on each side of the wire thus removing it from the cage intact.   
I could then use my tools to cut/grind away the rest leaving me with just the wire.  Have the resources to have it tack welded onto my cage.  

Someone had already tried to fix it and made it worse, and I’ve tried with negative results.  Just looking for an easy way to replace it and have a usable cage.  Seems like this approach would work well. 

I have these parts for GE and I believe they will work for AK1.  Switch is good but plastic housing is broken.   Cage is 12" but I think I have a 16" somewhere. 

Let me know if you 

20221110_074223.jpg

Sure would like to discuss them with you, especially if you find the 16” cage.
Let’s discuss more on private message.