R & M 1304

Marce Clark

hey everyone i'm working on an R & M and could really use some help. I made a wiring diagram based on the way it was wired when I got it. i had replace the wires and when I got it together it doesn't run right. on high it won't run without a push and then it runs fine on all the speeds except on the other speeds it buzzes. if you start it on medium or low it will start on it's own but runs backwards. I have tried different capacitors but got the same results. here are some pics. any help will be very appreciated.

Marce

RM 1304.pdf

This may not be an easy one to fix "online."

First, disconnect the three motor wires and check them with your ohm meter.
You should have three readings, from green to black, from green to white, and from black to white.
The lowest reading added to the medium reading should equal the highest reading.
Also check from the motor frame to the motor wires.
Post your results, please.

The lowest reading pair will be your run winding and your medium reading pair will be your start winding.
The wire not involved with the highest reading will be the common. The common will be connected to the wall plug
The run will be connected to high and the start will be connected to the capacitor.

Post as you go if this is not clear to you.🙂

• Thanks 1

On 11/12/2022 at 6:15 PM, Mark Olson said:

That means that black is common. Try swapping your white and black wires. Green looks to be correct.

Thanks Mark That did the trick. I appreciate all your help.

Marce