Thermo Engine Company Office & Factory Located At Waukee, IA. In 14

Russ Huber

• Russ Huber changed the title to Thermo Engine Company Office & Factory Located At Waukee, IA. In 14

Great work Russ.  That more or less settles it.  Wish there was an address.  There are still some, but not many, very old buildings in the center of town.  

2 hours ago, John Trier said:

Great work Russ.  That more or less settles it.  Wish there was an address.  There are still some, but not many, very old buildings in the center of town.  

Back then the only buildings were on the square. I bet I can find a photo of it in some local archive or newspaper. 

I'm not taking any pats on the back. Thermo Engine Co. is a tough nut to crack. Who will be the nutcracker? 🙂

Keep in mind Lloyd Freeland patent holder for Lake Breeze fans was the Pres. for Thermo.

Thanks Russ, for posting for me. After a couple false starts I think I'm properly registered now. I believe the key to the Thermo "nut" is Louis Kessler whose primary business was safety cans for gasoline, etc. I've studied him extensively and have even been in touch with his only living heir, but so far there is no direct connection (on paper that survives or has been archived) with Thermo Engine Co. That said, however, the large Thermo Engine Co. twin cylinder hot air engine I own uses the same parts (exact duplicates) as the single cylinder models made by Kessler's company. Most of the principals of the co. were lawyers from Delaware where the co. was incorporated for tax purposes. If anyone discovers the connection I would love to hear about it.