GE Wall Mount Adapter CAD

Louis Luu

I heard no one was making these...got some downtime while I wait for my prints to arrive.  Measurements provided by Trevor

image.thumb.png.0879d4af9c12d0bbd395bd160fc4fa2f.png20221115_160527.thumb.jpg.b48f16a8571cef7e419de89d6e058910.jpg20221115_161913.thumb.jpg.00a63ae1a6d86afebe259b1b32005f06.jpg

Edited by Louis Luu
  • Like 1

• Louis Luu changed the title to GE Wall Mount Adapter CAD

Info from Kim.

The stud and bore are 3/4 inch or 19.050MM.

Problem with those measurements are they will only fit 1905 and later fans.

bore was 3/4 inch but the stud was 5/8ths. That way it would work with the early fans by using a 3/4"O.D 5/8ths"ID bushing. The screw is a large pan head 1/4"-24 length overall is .575"

Info from Trevor.

The circumference of the stud is 60mm. The diameter measured on my micrometer says 19mm. Length is 33mm. 

The two outer holes for the set screw and the thumb screw have a diameter of 11mm. The inner thread is 6mm and both screws have a 6mm thread diameter.

The hole for the trunion post/stud to fit in measures at a 19mm diameter. The depth to the center of the hole is approximately 37mm. It slopes downwards towards the center so measuring from the top of the slope at the sides to the top of the hole is approximately 35mm. 

Sorry for coming in late and I’m a little “corn-fuzed”…..

what does the wall mount look like.  Searched and can’t find one.  

2 hours ago, Doug Wendel said:

There are scans of an original GE catalog showing the mounts at the top of this thread.

I will note that my mount is different from those. It has screw holes on both sides. One for a thumb screw and one for a set screw. 

3 hours ago, Doug Wendel said:

There are scans of an original GE catalog showing the mounts at the top of this thread.

Misspoke.   Meant to say “what does the wall bracket look like”.  I see what appears to be part of the setup (yoke?) in one of the pictures, but not what I’d bolt to the wall.   If someone has a direct link to the info/pictures/catalog I’d appreciate it.   Hate trying to search.   Spend hours.  

5 hours ago, John Landstrom said:

Misspoke.   Meant to say “what does the wall bracket look like”.  I see what appears to be part of the setup (yoke?) in one of the pictures, but not what I’d bolt to the wall.   If someone has a direct link to the info/pictures/catalog I’d appreciate it.   Hate trying to search.   Spend hours.  

It uses the original desk fan base. The adapter bracket knuckle I posted changes the angle so you can mount the normal base to the wall.

• 1 month later...

I attempted to fit the adapter onto another GE pancake stump I have.  It would seem there are a lot of variations.  I made the CAD modular so it is easy to make one from scratch.  Customize shaft diameters can be made on the fly.