241853b Westinghouse restoration.

Paul Carmody

Great work Paul! I have often said that if my first restoration had been a stamped steel press fit Westy, I might not have gone any further. As you pointed out, getting the front cover on and tightened down with the front and rear bearings properly aligned without causing the rotation to slow can be a major pain since the bearings don't float like GE fans. I love the look of the brass caps on the back - very nice indeed! I also second your words about Tony's wire - it's the BEST!

First class restoration!!

• Like 1

This is where I was confused on blade coating.Old AD posted by Russ old forum.There was a more comprehensive discussion on 241853b. I read awhile back but I wasn’t able to log into the old site and search to see if I was remembering correctly.

C7E033B8-B125-41D9-828A-AEFE73F62661.jpeg

Edited by Paul Carmody

Paul don't sweat the Zinc - Nickel plate thing. There is actually more mention of Zinc plating in electrical trade than Nickel. We will just call them Westy Chromey blades.

Thanks Russ.This print out from 1919.So It looks like it went from nickel to zinc.The top left corner date is so small that even with magnification I’m not sure if it’s 1916 that I thought at first but may be 1918 ?The last date on the bottom line is 1916.For sure it’s thin ,fragile ,and shines when polished.Westy Chromey Blades it is.

B5A07A02-FCF3-4D63-B32D-1DA0B2EBB42B.jpeg

Edited by Paul Carmody

• Paul Carmody changed the title to 241853b Westinghouse restoration.