Another Frankenfan

Patrick Ray

Picked up this one recently. Originally a DC R&M 5351. But someone swapped the guts for an AC setup. But I'm curious what this cage is originally off of. It's brass (painted black) with a square back ring. But what's that little tab with the hole at the bottom of the cage? Something for the oscillator setup that the cage originally came from? But I haven't seen something like that on a Vane. Ideas?

IMG_20221218_202804803_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221218_202810665_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221218_202817893_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221218_202833858_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221218_202825625_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221218_202852388_HDR.jpg

I think......Ceiling mount Westinghouse desk fan motor seen pictured often in Telephone switchboard operator's station. that bracket carried an on-off cord from the motor down to an acorn style operator held hand switch. These were stationary fans initially pre Rotaire ( brass cage ) but made thru the Rotaire years and beyond. Anyone with evidence to the contrary, please post it for us.

4 hours ago, Geoff Dunaway said:

I think......Ceiling mount Westinghouse desk fan motor seen pictured often in Telephone switchboard operator's station. that bracket carried an on-off cord from the motor down to an acorn style operator held hand switch. These were stationary fans initially pre Rotaire ( brass cage ) but made thru the Rotaire years and beyond. Anyone with evidence to the contrary, please post it for us.

WestyOperator.jpg

unnamed.png

P1540573.JPG

P1540582.JPG

P1540576.JPG

7 - santa fe.jpg

236-Telephone-Operators-1910s.jpg

Telephonefan.png

Russ, the last ad that you posted shows a fan on the left with a cage with a curve along with being an older style cage that would have accepted the banner type badge. This looks to be similar to the one I have.