21646 Emerson.. switch need

Randy Pierce

Hello!  The switch is original to the fan and it works, but is noisy and speeds are not correctly distinct from one another.  The original switch mounting base is porcelain and is flawless.  Has anyone reading this adapted a 73 or 79 series winding in place of the original, or would something else be a successful known replacement?    Thanks!  Randy Pierce

Non capacitor small motor example coils from types like 29646, 27646, 73646, etc. should work. Notice the examples are 3 wire head cord 12" models, not 16" small motor.

Russ, thanks!  I have plenty of switches lying around and I'm sure i have a 73646 among them.  I'll get on that!   I'm sure also that I have at least 2 maybe 3 of the 16" small motor switches, and will not try them.   I have Sidney's wiring diagrams, and will miss him greatly.  He was always a gem, no question,  Randy

thx Malcolm, Tom has a lot of knowledge for sure.  I may ask him if he could rewind the original.