emerson 21646 choke coil

Randy Pierce

Would like to get my old speed coil rewound.   Some years ago Sid [rip sir] rewound one and several motor windings as well for me.  Since there is no member directory, I was hoping to ask Tom Newcity if he would but have no way to find him.  Can anyone reading this shift me some info on who might want to take on this project? 

On 1/15/2023 at 10:50 AM, Kevin Lee Clark said:

Malcom, 

For now I am sticking with Westy tanks and Emersons.

Kevin, curious what you charge for simply winding to be installed by owner the 4 wing Westinghouse tank coil?  If you could share your rates roughly on winding the Emerson 12" and 16" models to be installed by owner that would be nice. Thanks in advance. 

On 1/14/2023 at 12:21 PM, Kevin Lee Clark said:

I can provide references for my work.

I am sorry, Kevin, maybe my question above was to blunt. I took it you were kind of making a vocation on the side winding specific coils. Was just curious if you had a standard of what you charge? You could make out well simply winding ready to install tank coils. Taking the laminations off is gravy on them, and in so many cases they are bad. Just a single wind at roughly 4 ohms. But I must admit, I still don't wind coils. Shame on me.