SHIPPING QUESTION

Roger Borg

If an ebay seller (not a fan person) can remove the cage but not the blade, what are best practices for keeping blades undamaged?

Would it be better to leave the cage on?

Context, it's a small 8" fan, so not a huge amount of weight to worry about.

All input appreciated...

If seller can't/won't remove blade then yes,best to leave cage on. In my opinion, best to wrap fan tightly in bubble wrap.

An 8" blade fan has a d amn good chance of surviving the trip if it not in a trunnion fully assembled. Centering it in a thick cardboard box in bubble wrap packed tightly between the guard and motor and surrounding the fan. The fan should be a good 3 to 4" from box surface all the way around. In a nutshell, pack it tightly so it is centered and immobilized within the box. When you shake the box, nothing moves inside. 

In past I sold some restored fans assembled to people who never held a wrench. 

fans 1 995.jpg

fans 1 1004.jpg

fans 1 1006.jpg

14 hours ago, Russ Huber said:

An 8" blade fan has a d amn good chance of surviving the trip if it not in a trunnion fully assembled. Centering it in a thick cardboard box in bubble wrap packed tightly between the guard and motor and surrounding the fan. The fan should be a good 3 to 4" from box surface all the way around. In a nutshell, pack it tightly so it is centered and immobilized within the box. When you shake the box, nothing moves inside. 

In past I sold some restored fans assembled to people who never held a wrench. 

fans 1 995.jpg

fans 1 1004.jpg

fans 1 1006.jpg

Thanks Russ!!